Typical Workshop Schedule
- Friday 6:30-9:00 pm - Laughter Yoga Session & Intro
- Saturdays 12 pm to 6:00 pm - Training & Laughter sessions w/ a scheduled breaks
- Sundays 10 am to 6:00 pm - Training & Participant Practice with a trip to a Laughter Club for graduation!
- Introductory downloads and manuals will be emailed to you with information & assignments to complete before the in-person training. Estimated 4-6 hours of time to complete (reading, watching, listening).
- Follow up group tele-class to answer questions
- Bonus option to schedule a one-on-one session with Andrea
- The options to join classmates & community in a 21 Days of Laughter Challenge
- Camaraderie and support from the local laughter community, your teacher and the global Laughter Yoga community (Yahoo! & Facebook Groups and more)
- An official Dr. Kataria School of Laughter Yoga certificate for Laughter Yoga Leader Training.
Laughter Yoga Leader Certification Details
This page gives more information about the weekend training and expectations. The overall structure is similar, but I do make changes depending upon the size of the group and experience of the participants. I survey during registration so that during the training I can focus on the items appropriate to the goals of the participants & the requirements from Laughter Yoga International.
Lunch will not be provided, although there will be some healthy gluten free snacks and various drinks available (water, coffee, tea & more TEA). We have a lot to cover in a short time, so we will not go out for lunch. Please eat well on Saturday before class and on Sunday bring your lunch with you.
The workshop takes place at my home in north Milwaukie, very close to the Sellwood area of Portland. Directions will be provided once you've enrolled in the training. It is possible to get to the training taking Trimet by bus or the Orange Line MAX. Unfortunately, My home is not handicap accessible. If this is a concern, please contact me to discuss other possibilities.
pre-work means more laughing & leading experience
Materials will be emailed to you before the in-person training that you must read, watch, and listen to prior to the training. Laughter Yoga is fun, but as this is a Leader training you will get out of it what you put into it! Please come prepared! The pre-work materials give the history, health benefits, scientific research and contraindications of Laughter Yoga via reading, audios and videos. The intent is two-fold:
- To enhance your learning experience so you arrive prepared, knowledgeable and ready to ask questions.
- To cover some of the yakkity-yak ahead of time and thus shorten the in-person training a bit so you are not completely worn out! Laughing is fun, but can be tiring!