Here you will find a little about my personal story and interests. All of the training and tools that I use with clients I first fell in love with and used myself. To learn more about the current approach taken in my work read my philosophy page. To see my CV/resume with the nitty-gritty details about my educational background & training, scroll down.
I became a widow at the young age of 29. This experience has greatly shaped the person I have become. My college sweetheart, Jeff, had Lupus, an auto-immune disease and died of a heart attack from complications at a young age. His experience with western allopathic medicine and my own personal experience with Seasonal Affective Disorder & anxiety, fatigue, reoccurring infections (including chronic Lyme and Candida) and trying to cope with the stress of having an ill partner and then becoming the ill partner, have lead me down the road to towards personal healing. My healing journey really began in 2005 after his death.
Years later, I am now remarried. I love to spend free time with friends and family. I enjoy playing and laughing. I have rediscovered my love of art through mixed media and art journaling. I fully suspect that this will show up more in my work since my play and work are really the SAME! I enjoy self-development, spirituality, true crime, Sci-Fi, and politics. I also enjoy camping, hiking and many other outdoor activities with my partner Dan, although a low back injury has since changed my abilities I still LOVE the outdoors. In January 2008, I successfully climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. We are both members of the Mazamas, a local mountaineering organization that is over 100 years old. Giving back is an important part of my life. I've volunteered with the Mazamas in various ways over the years. I also helped with Cycle Oregon; a week long bicycle ride & event across a section of Oregon. This fabulous non-profit gives back each year to the local rural communities where the event takes place. In addition, I was a volunteer holistic self-defense co-teacher for the Portland Police Bureau's free women's self-defense program, WomenStrength, from 2006 until beginning my graduate program in 2013. I was an active member of ToastMasters from 2008-2011. Currently my volunteer involvement is limited to the local Portland laughter community and Portland Clearmind community, because I am also helping caretake my elderly father.
- 2017 Emotional Freedom Techniques – Audited Level 1 & 2 workshop through AAMET and took Tapping Out of Trauma (a training teaching EFT practitioners about trauma)
- 2017 Laughter Coaching 101 – Live with Master Laughter Coach Francis Monferrer (in the style of Annette Goodheart, PhD) Our in person workshop at the 2017 All-American Laughter Conference is the foundation for the video training.
- 2013-16 Transpersonal Counseling Psychology – Counselor Practitioners Training Program, Clearmind International in Langley, British Columbia, Canada
- 2010-12 Emotional Freedom Techniques – Level 1 & two Level 2 workshops through EFT Universe with Alina Frank & Dawson Church and founder Gary Craig’s DVD video training series from the original emofree.com website
- August - December 2010 Laughter Coach Training, the Levity Institute
- Spring 2008 Laughter Yoga Leader (CLYL) & Teacher (CLYT), Laughter Yoga International
- 2007 Usui Reiki Level I & II, by Colleen Benelli with Reiki Lifestyle and The International Center for Reiki Training
- 2006-07 Certified Health Counselor (CHC)- changed to Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Institute for Integrative Nutrition and Columbia University's Integrative Nutrition Professional Training Program (Since this time IIN has continued to develop professional partnerships with many other higher education schools and programs)
- 1999-2007 Corporate positions in Customer Service, Employee Training & Development, Health & Safety (specifically Public Safety) at a local utility
- 1994-98 Bachelor of Science in Sociology and a Minor in Women's Studies, Oregon State University
Powered by Squarespace